I was recently asked to do this on my Facebook Page:
In your status, list 10 books that have stayed with you in some way. Don’t take more than a few minutes and don’t think too hard. They don’t have to be great books, just the ones that have touched you.
Well, I took the time and answered. I thought I’d share it with you guys.
Greetings! Well, let me just shoot from the hip. These are in no particular order… just answering the top 10 I’d like with me on a deserted island.
– The Holy Bible: Each day. Every day. Nutrition to the soul
– The Road: Cormac McCarthy – Gripping Fiction that shares a struggle for survival between a father and son
– Mere Christianity: C.S. Lewis – Takes me places every time I read it
– On the Road: Jack Kerouac – The journey of the soul takes us to many different places. Hitch hiking, Train jumping and a beatnik adventure.
– Any Hemingway Book – Simple language with a masculine tone is always good!
– The Four Hour Workweek: Tim Ferriss ~ I’ve read it a dozen times and I’ll read it a dozen more. Changes life perspective.
– Matthew Henry’s Exhaustive Commentary of the Bible: Great wisdom!
– Walden: Henry David Thoreau ~ Keeps me thinking and appreciating the little things
– The Message Bible – It is it’s own category. I could read this like a novel.
– The Poetry of Robert Frost ~ His poem, “The Road Not Taken”, is a short picture of my life and I’d love to get lost in his work.
I know it’s pretty eclectic, but it’s me. What about you? Do you have a top 10? What is it?
Have a great Christmas!